PART I: HEI Network Subscription Agreement
You hereby acknowledge that you agree to this Subscriber Agreement by clicking “Agree & Continue” (or any other industry standard mechanisms during the registration process) and thus ratify your agreement when you purchase any aspect of HEI Network’s services. If you do not agree to this Subscriber Agreement, you should not purchase any of HEI Network’s services or media packages.
HEI Network may change the Terms and Conditions of this Subscriber Agreement at any time, with or without prior written notice. However, the latest version of our Subscriber Agreement will be posted on our Site at all times; to this end, we strongly advise you to frequently review our Subscription Agreement, especially prior to purchasing any product or services available through our Site.
- MEDIA SUBSCRIPTIONS
1.1: Monthly and Annual subscriptions to HEI Network media content will be renewed automatically from your pre-approved Payment Method (e.g., credit or debit card; bank account; PayPal; Google Pay; etc.) until cancelled or terminated.
1.2.: You must cancel your membership before it renews in order to avoid billing of the membership fees for the next billing cycle. (see below for more details.)
1.3: Some content will only be available to users for a fixed amount time regardless of whichever subscription plan you have purchased; subject to change by HEI Network’s sole discretion.
1.4: “Subscription & Merch Bundles” may have different initial and re-billing costs.
1.5: We will always provide specific language for each type of media package in the “store”, or wherever such subscription information is listed on our Site, so you are fully aware of what your specific billing policy will be for that particular media package.
- BILLING AND CANCELLATION
2.1: Billing Cycle:Membership fees will be charged to your Payment Method on the specific payment date indicated on your “Account” page. The length of your billing cycle will depend on the type of subscription that you choose.
2.2: Fees Are Nonrefundable: Absent evidence of fraud or technical error with our Site, your membership fees are considered earned upon receipt and are non-refundable. We may, however, on a case-by-case basis provide a full refund, or other remedy, at our sole discretion.
2.3: Payment Methods:To enjoy HEI Network media packages and services, you must provide at least one Payment Method. You thus authorize us to charge any Payment Method associated with your account on the contingency that your primary Payment Method is declined or no longer available to us for payment of your subscription fees. You ultimately remain responsible for any uncollected fee(s); thus, if a payment is not successfully settled due to expiration, insufficient funds, or act of God/Nature, and you do not cancel your account, we may suspend your access to the service until we have successfully charged a valid Payment Method. For some Payment Methods, the issuer may charge you certain fees, such as foreign transaction fees or other fees relating to the processing of your Payment Method. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
2.4: Updating Payment Method(s): You can update your Payment Methods by going to the “Account” page. We may also update your Payment Methods using information provided by the payment service providers. Following any update, you authorize us to continue to charge the applicable Payment Method(s).
2.5: Cancellation: You can cancel your HEI Network membership at any time, and you will continue to have access to our network through the end of your billing period. To cancel, go to the “Account” page on our website and follow the instructions for cancellation. If you cancel your membership, your account will automatically close at the end of your current billing period. To see when your account will close, click “Billing details” on the “Account” page.
3. AGE LIMITATIONS
3.1: HEI Network’s services and media packages are not intended to be used by children without involvement and approval of a parent or legal guardian. If you are under the age of 18 you are not permitted to register with HEI Network, purchase any subscriptions, or provide your personal identifiable information (“PII”) unless you have the consent of your parent or legal guardian.
4. DEVICE COMPATIBILITY
4.1: Devices: In order to access and use HEI Network services and products, you will need to use a personal computer, mobile device, streaming media player, or some other device that is suitable. HEI Network, however, is not able to offer direct IT assistance with making sure that your device is compatible (though, we may do so at our discretion on a case by case basis).
4.2: Internet Service & Data Usage:In order to access and use HEI Network, you must have broadband, wireless, or similar other internet connection from an internet service provider. As a general note, please be aware that multiple simultaneous streams, as well as HD and 4K Ultra HD content on other sites, may require higher internet bandwidth. However, HEI Network reminds you that you are solely responsible for any costs associated with your internet service used to access our Site and media content and we are not responsible if your internet connection does not allow you to enjoy our Site and media content.
5. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- violates the rights of others, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, privacy, publicity, or other proprietary rights;
- uses technology or other means to access, index, frame or link to the Services (including the Content) that is not authorized by HEI Network (including by removing, disabling, bypassing, or circumventing any content protection or access control mechanisms intended to prevent the unauthorized download, stream capture, linking, framing, reproduction, access to, or distribution of the Services);
- involves accessing the Services (including the Content) through any automated means, including “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers” (other than by individually performed searches on publicly accessible search engines for the sole purpose of, and solely to the extent necessary for, creating publicly available search indices – but not caches or archives – of the Services and excluding those search engines or indices that host, promote, or link primarily to infringing or unauthorized content);
- introduces viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- damages, disables, overburdens, impairs, or gains unauthorized access to the Services, including HEI Network’s servers, computer network, or user accounts;
- removes, modifies, disables, blocks, obscures or otherwise impairs any advertising in connection with the Services (including the Content);
- uses the Services to advertise or promote services that are not expressly approved in advance in writing by HEI Network;
- collects information about users for the purpose of sending, facilitating, or encouraging unsolicited bulk or other communications;
- furthers any means of fraudulent activity, including identity theft;
- encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability;
- violates these Terms or any guidelines or policies posted by HEI Network;
- interferes with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Services; or
- attempts to do any of the foregoing.
5.2: Use of our Site is a privilege, not a right!:HEI Network reserves the right to immediately terminate or restrict your account or your use of the Services at any time, without notice or liability, if HEI Network determines or reasonably believes in its sole discretion that you have breached these Terms, violated any law, rule, or regulation, engaged in other inappropriate conduct, or for any other business reason. We prefer to avoid such termination; we may use technical measures to block or restrict your prohibited access to our site and you agree not to circumvent, avoid, or bypass such restrictions. We also reserve the right to take appropriate legal action against you.
HEI Network recognizes the importance of protecting your Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”), such as your name, telephone number, e-mail address, mailing address, credit/debit card number, IP address, unique online identifiers, aliases and any other personal contact information that you may provide to HEI Network. We collect PII in order to establish your account, to handle billing, and to understand your specific needs in order to serve you better.
I. Purpose and Scope:
The aim of this Policy is to:
- Ensure that you understand what PII we collect about you, the reasons why we collect and use it, and who we share it with;
- Explain the way we use the personal data that you share with us in order to give you a great HEI Network experience; and
- Explain your rights and options in relation to the PII we collect about you and how we will protect your privacy.
II. How Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) is Used by HEI Network:
The information we collect is used to comprehensively understand your needs and interests, and permits us to deliver a more consistent and personalized experience. Your information may also be aggregated with other user’s information on a purely non-identifiable basis to understand how our products are used to help make them better. For example, we may use your information to:
- assist you in completing a transaction or order;
- communicate with you about products and services;
- provide service and support;
- update you about new services, products, or benefits;
- provide personalized promotional offers;
- select content to be communicated to you; and
- contact you for market research regarding HEI Network products or services
HEI Network strives to ensure that we give you a stress-free experience. To this end, we are dedicated to building a rewarding and lasting relationship with every customer. To accomplish this goal, we may use your PII for various purposes. For clarity’s sake, each category of “Data Use” is summarized below:
1. USER DATA
- This is the personal data provided by you, or collected by us, to enable you to sign up for and use the HEI Network. Depending on the type of Subscription Plan you sign up for, this may include your account’s username, email address, phone number, birth date, street address, state/territory, and country.
2. USAGE DATA
- This is the personal date that is collected about you when you’re accessing and/or using our Site. This may include:
- Information about the type of HEI Network plan you purchased.
- Information about your interactions with our Site, such as your search inquiries, streaming history, your media library, your browsing history, and your interactions with our Team and/or other users.
- Certain “Technical Data”, to wit: URL information; cookie data & IP addresses; information about the type(s) of devices you are using to enjoy our Site; information about the type of internet you use to connect to and enjoy our Site; your non-precise location (which may be inferred or derived from certain technical date such as IP address, language settings of your device, or payment method currency).
- Information to aid us in analyzing and understanding our audience, to improve our services, and optimize content selection.
- Any other purpose that is disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or that is related to a request made by you.
3. SUBSCRIPTION & PAYMENT METHOD DATA
- We may collect certain PII about you if you sign up for or purchase any media packages, plans, or merchandise from our Site. The exact type of PII we may collect may vary depending on the payment method but will typically include basic information such as your Name; Date of Birth; Credit or Debit card type, expiration date, and certain digits of your card number; postal zip or country code; mobile phone number; and/or details of your purchase and/or payment history.
- Credit/Debit card information is used solely for payment processing and fraud prevention efforts. Credit/Debit card information, and other sensitive personal information required to process a credit/debit transaction is not used for any other purposes by us, our financial services providers or affiliates, and will not be retained any longer than necessary to provide your services unless you request that we retain your Credit/Debit card information to streamline your future purchases with HEI Network.
4. INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
- security service providers who provide us with necessary information to assist us in securing our Site, prevent fraud, and help us protect the security of all HEI Network user accounts;
- payment service providers who provide us with payment or balance information, or updates to that information, based on their relationship with you the purchaser;
- online and offline data providers, from which we may obtain aggregated demographic interest based and online advertising data;
- publicly-available sources such as publicly available posts on social media platforms and information available through public databases associating IP addresses with internet service providers.
Cookies are small data files that are placed on users’ devices to monitor how users interact with websites and other online services. Pixel tags, also called web beacons or single-pixel gifs, tag a graphic on a web page or in an email message that tracks pages viewed or email messages opened. Logs are continuous digital records of events and interactions that occur on a website. Cookies, pixel tags, and/or logs can be used to identify your IP address, browser type, domain name, and specific web pages through which you click and/or email messages you open.
There are different types of cookies, and they can be distinguished on the basis of their origin, function, and lifespan. Important characteristics of cookies include the following:
- First party cookies are cookies that are placed by the website you are visiting, while third party cookies are placed by a website other than the one you are visiting. Please note that we do not control the collection or further use of data by third parties.
- Necessary cookies are necessary to allow the technical operation of a website (e.g., they enable you to move around on a website and to use its features).
- Performance cookies collect data on the performance of a website such as the number of visitors, the time spent on the website and error messages.
- Functionality cookies increase the usability of a website by remembering your choices (e.g., language, region, login, and so on).
- Targeting/advertising cookies enable a website to send you personalized advertising.
- Session cookies are temporary cookies that are erased once you close your browser while persistent or permanent cookies stay on your device until you manually delete them or until your browser deletes them based on the duration period specified in the persistent cookie files.
More information on all aspects of cookies can be found on www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that HEI Network has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, this third-party website.
- Are necessary to enable us to distinguish between users;
- Are essential for us to provide our Site to you;
- Help us optimize, personalize, and/or otherwise improve your experience and/or the performance of the Site and our service and marketing-related communications with you (subject to compliance with the requirements of applicable law);
- Help us to improve our Site; and
- Enable advertising delivered to you to be more relevant.
Most web browsers allow you to erase cookies on your computer, block cookies from your computer, or notify you when a cookie is stored on your computer. If you choose to disable or otherwise block certain cookies, you may be unable to use, or experience decreased functionality with parts of the Site. Your browser may also support functions to block or restrict pixel tags. If you use different devices to access the Site, you will need to ensure that each browser of each device is set to your cookie preference. More information on how to manage cookies is available from: www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies. Please note that HEI Network has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, this third-party website.
III. How Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) is Shared / Disclosed with Others
We may share information collected from or about you with others, including business partners, social networking services, service provides, advertisers, and other companies that are not affiliated with HEI Network.
We may also disclose your PII to affiliated and non-affiliated organizations including:
- To your credit card issuer;
- To credit reporting and fraud checking agencies;
- To debt collection agencies if you fail to pay monies owed to us;
- To entities that provide services on our behalf;
- To government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies where the disclosure is required or authorized by law, and otherwise as we believe is necessary or appropriate to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate our Site properly, or to protect or defend our rights or the rights or well-being of our employees, users or others or if you are involved (or are suspected by governmental authorities or our security functions to be involved) in any illegal activity, even without a subpoena, warrant or court order
We may also disclose your information to our affiliates and non-affiliated business partners (if applicable) for their use both on our behalf and for their own business purposes. For example, our affiliates and business partners may use such information to send you information about their products and services and other information and materials that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of us disclosing your PII for these purposes through one of the methods described in this policy.
We may also transfer or assign your information to third parties as a result of or in connection with a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of assets, reorganization or liquidation.
When using third-party sites, we strongly advise you to remember to always review the privacy policies of third-party sites.
IV: Data Retention and Deletion
We may keep your PII only as long as reasonably necessary to provide you with HEI Network services and other legitimate business purposes such as maintaining the performance of our services, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with any of our legal obligations, and resolving disputes.
We keep some of your PII for as long as you are a user/subscriber of HEI Network. For example, we keep your account information, media library, purchase history, etc.
Upon your express request, we will immediately delete your personal data such as Name, Payment Method, etc., unless we are legally obligated to maintain or keep such information for various situations such as:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding balance on your account or other unresolved claim or dispute, we will retain the necessary PII until such issue is fully resolved;
- Where we need to retain the PII for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary PII for the period required by any applicable law, statue, or regulation;
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our Site and of our users.
V: Security of your Personal Identifiable Information (“PII”)
- HEI Network has instituted security measures on this Site to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of your PII and other information that is under our control. To the best extent possible, specifically, (i) our network and database are highly secure; (ii) only authorized employees have access to contact data; (iii) all employees are educated on our privacy policies; (iv) all employees agree to adhere to our privacy policies as a condition of employment; (v) our network and database are password protected and are behind both a firewall and proxy server to ensure security; (vi) our web security is under on-going scrutiny and review to ensure that it meets the highest standards; and (vii) collected information is never shared with non-interested third parties.
- When using chat rooms and discussion forums on our Site (if they become/are available), we strongly advise you to remember that your communications with other users in ‘public’ chat rooms and forums are not private. To this end, you should not divulge your PII to anyone (especially credit card, personal home address, phone number, etc.) in a chat room or forum. If you choose to share such information, you do so at your own peril.
- When using chat rooms and discussion forums on our Site (if they become/are available), we strongly advise you to immediately flag or report any and all abusive behavior or language by other users. HEI Network has a zero tolerance policy for abusive or otherwise threatening language. Moreover, please report or flag anyone who asks you or continues to ask you for your PII because it could be a scam or someone who wishes to cause harm. We take such reports very seriously and will investigate your concerns to the best of our ability in a reasonably timely manner.
- We do not—and never will—sell, rent or lease your personal information to others who are not affiliated with us. We may, however, share certain personal information with companies working on our behalf and affiliated businesses for the legitimate business practices detailed above. In any such cases, however, we require that the companies or entities adhere to privacy standards and policies that are at least as restrictive as those that HEI Network has in place.
HEI Network strives to keep your PII accurate and up-to-date. Towards this goal we utilize various technology, management processes and policies. As part of our overall data accuracy initiative, we provide you with reasonable access to your PII so you may review and correct your information as necessary. To safeguard your privacy and security, we will verify your identity through various means such as by requiring a password and user ID before granting access to your data.
You can request access to your PII, or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate PII we hold about you. You may also request that we delete PII that we hold about you, subject of course to the conditions outlined in Section V above.
When you visit the “Account” portion of our Site, you have the ability to access and update a broad range of information about your account, including your contact information, your Payment Method information, and various related information about your account.
For other requests, or if you have any other question regarding our privacy practices, or have questions about “Opting Out” of sharing or disclosing certain PII to us or third-parties, please contact our Data Protection Officer/Privacy Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We may, however, reject requests that are unreasonable or not required by law, including those that would be extremely impractical, could require disproportionate technical effort, or could expose us to operational risks such as fraud. We may retain information as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations, including to honor your choices, for our billing or records purposes and to fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. We take reasonable measures to destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when it is no longer required.